Sign in to follow this  
Mulder

Sega MegaDrive Mini

5 posts in this topic

Sega Delays Mega Drive Mini in Japan…With Plans For Worldwide Release!

genesisdoes.jpg?w=830&ssl=1

Going off of the news today that Sony is releasing the PlayStation Classic this Winter, Sega has some news of its own.

Remember that Sega Genesis Flashback last year? According to reviewers and fans alike, it was unfortunately a pile of poo. Sega apparently took it upon themselves to announce back in April the Sega Mega Drive Mini at Sega Fes 2018. What’s the difference? The Sega Genesis Flashback was developed by AtGames, whereas the Mega Drive Mini is an official release.

Now, news today has Sega announcing a delay in the shipping of the Mega Drive Mini. The reason? According to Gematsu, Sega plans to create a Genesis model for North America, and a Mega Drive model for Europe, with plans for a simultaneous worldwide release!

Also, in order to avoid what happened with the Flashback, Sega has “established a system to rethink the design of the device with the original team at its core, as well as cooperate with Japanese developers proven in software development.” In other words, if you want something done right, you do it yourself.

No games have been announced for any version of the console, so begin your wishlists as to what goes into the system. If it doesn’t include Castlevania: Bloodlines, Altered Beast, Mortal Kombat or Splatterhouse 2 or 3, you’re doing it wrong.

4 hours ago, Mulder said:

Sega Delays Mega Drive Mini in Japan…With Plans For Worldwide Release!

genesisdoes.jpg?w=830&ssl=1

Going off of the news today that Sony is releasing the PlayStation Classic this Winter, Sega has some news of its own.

Remember that Sega Genesis Flashback last year? According to reviewers and fans alike, it was unfortunately a pile of poo. Sega apparently took it upon themselves to announce back in April the Sega Mega Drive Mini at Sega Fes 2018. What’s the difference? The Sega Genesis Flashback was developed by AtGames, whereas the Mega Drive Mini is an official release.

Now, news today has Sega announcing a delay in the shipping of the Mega Drive Mini. The reason? According to Gematsu, Sega plans to create a Genesis model for North America, and a Mega Drive model for Europe, with plans for a simultaneous worldwide release!

Also, in order to avoid what happened with the Flashback, Sega has “established a system to rethink the design of the device with the original team at its core, as well as cooperate with Japanese developers proven in software development.” In other words, if you want something done right, you do it yourself.

No games have been announced for any version of the console, so begin your wishlists as to what goes into the system. If it doesn’t include Castlevania: Bloodlines, Altered Beast, Mortal Kombat or Splatterhouse 2 or 3, you’re doing it wrong.

I'd be interested to see what happens with this. Honestly, the Genesis mini, it kinda sucked, I mean either it was the way I hooked it up, or whatever, it was horribly choppy and grainy, like a bad ripped copy of a copy. 

you must have had a cheap clone of the clone AtGames put out lol

Oh well this will  be an Official SEGA release when it drops so its essentially a perfect mini genesis hope fully loaded with lots of games.

I'm down to pick one of these up and the PS1 classic too

911bf9bf00463cc239d5c9bd382fa2c2.gif

On a side note... very interesting that this news dropped the day after Sony announced a mini Playstation 1

the old power houses are still fighting for supremecy with their re-releases of old consoles lol almost sounds like a video game 🤔 LOL

yah, if its legit, i'll definitely be highly interested in the mini genesis. .. be nice for a mini ps3 to drop, my fav console.

yea it is pretty funny and cool to see all these re-releases lol

At Fry's electronics, they have the mini Genesis, the one that I had from a few years back, and also an HD version, with 85 games instead of the 81 games, and the console is a replica of the first gen Sega Genesis, as opposed to a little dinky sized top loader. Pretty cool